화훼연구 Vol. 29 No. 4 (p.314-319)

|NEW CULTIVAR INTRODUCTION|
A Yellow Double Freesia ‘Sunny Gold’ with Strong Scent

향기가 강한 진노랑색 겹꽃 프리지아 ‘써니골드(Sunny Gold)’ 육성
키워드 :
bulb flower,characteristic trial,cut flower,electric nose,selection,구근화훼류,특성검정,절화,전자코,선발

목차

Abstract
서 언
재료 및 방법
   교배 및 실생계통 양성
   특성검정 및 품종화
결과 및 고찰
   육성경위
   주요특성
   재배상 유의점
   유용성
초 록
References

초록

프리지아 ‘Sunny Gold’는 농촌진흥청 국립원예특작과학원 에서 2010년 노랑색 반겹꽃 프리지아 육성계통 ‘036010’을 모본으로 진노란색 홑꽃 ‘Golden Flame’을 부본으로 교배하여 획득한 종자로부터 2011년 진노란색 겹꽃의 향기가 강한 프리지아 계통을 선발하여 품종화 하였다. 2011년부터 2016년까지 개화 생육특성검을 수행하였으며 핵심수요자의 기호도 평가를 통해 선발되어 2017년 ‘Sunny Gold’ 로 명명되었다. ‘Sunny Gold’는 RHS color chart YO17B의 노란색 겹꽃 프리지아 품종으로 화폭은 6.7cm로 대조품종 ‘Golden Flame’ 6.1cm에 비해 크고, 분지수는 6.5로 다수확성 품종이다. 초장이 101.9cm로 초세가 강하다. ‘Sunny Gold’의 소화수 및 소화장은 각각 13.0개, 9.3cm이며 개화소요일수는 137.7일이다. 이 품종의 절화수명은 약 9일이며 자구번식력은 5.3배로 대조 품종 ‘Golden Flame’ 4.3배에 비해 우수하다. 전자코를 이용한 PCA분석결과 PC1과 PC2는 각각 99.3%와 0.6%로 전체 변이량의 99.9%를 반영하고 있다. Rader plot 분석결과 총 6개 센서에서 모두 ‘Sunny Gold’의 센서값이 향기가 강한 상용품종 ‘Yvonne’의 값에 비해 높게 나타나 ‘Sunny Gold’의 향기가 더 강한 것으로 나타났다.
Freesia (Freesia hybrida Hort.) is one of the popular ornamental crops globally due to its diverse colors and sweet fresh scent in early spring. Freesia ‘Sunny Gold’ cultivar was bred as a cut flower at the National Institute of Horticultural Herbal Science in 2017. This hybrid was crossed and selected from a seedling of ‘036010’ and ‘Golden Flame’ to develop into a cultivar of double yellow petals with strong scent. Morphological characteristics of the selected hybrid were examined for 5 years from 2011 to 2016, and it was further named as ‘Sunny Gold’ in 2017. ‘Sunny Gold’ is a double flower type with orange-yellow petals (RHS, YO17B). The average flower width is 6.7 cm, and the average yield is 6.5 stalks. The plant growth is vigorous with an average height of 101.9cm, about 3.2 cm higher than the cultivar ‘Golden Flame’. The average number of florets per stalk is 13, with a stalk length of 10.5 cm. The average days to flower for ‘Sunny Gold’, is 137.7 days, approximately 3.4 days late than the control cultivar ‘Golden Flame’. Its average vase life is about 9.0 days and with an average yield of 5.3 cormlets per plant. ‘Sunny Gold’ exhibits stronger scent than ‘Yvonne’. Principal component analysis using Alpha MOS FOX-2000 E-nose showed that the PC1 and PC2 represent about 99.3% and 0.6% of the total variance (99.9%). In the radar plot analysis, ‘Sunny Gold’ showed higher response in all sensors, including T30/1, P10/1, P10/2, P40/1, T70/2, and PA2, than that of ‘Yvonne’.