한국지구과학회지 제43권 제5호 (p.579-590)

외부고리 은하 영상 분석을 위한 파이썬 기반 알고리즘 개발

Development of a Python-based Algorithm for Image Analysis of Outer-ring Galaxies
키워드 :
data science,SDSS,outer-ring galaxy,python 데이터 과학,SDSS,외부고리 은하,python

목차

Abstract
요 약
서 론
이론적 배경
   데이터 과학 절차
   외부고리 은하
연구 방법
성능 검증 분석
   1. IRAF의 결과와 일부 차이를 보인 대상
   2. IRAF의 결과와 큰 차이를 보인 대상에 대한보완
연구 결과
결론 및 제언
References

초록

본 연구는 데이터 과학의 과정에 따른 파이썬 기반의 외부고리 은하 영상 분석 알고리즘 개발을 목적으로 한다. 잠재적 사용자는 학생과 교사를 포함한 시민 과학자로 정하였다. 은하의 실제 데이터를 이용한 분류 연구는 IRAF 라는 전문 소프트웨어가 이용되고 있어 일반인이 접근하기에 한계가 있다. 이에 IRAF를 사용한 선행 연구의 결과와 비교 검 증이 가능한 외부고리 은하를 분석 대상 천체로 정하여, 영상 분석 알고리즘을 개발하고 그 결과를 검증하였다. 검증 결과 총 69개의 외부고리 은하 중 50개(72.5%)가 IRAF 결과와 높은 일치를 보였다. 남은 19개(27.5%)는 시선 방향에 겹친 밝은 별의 존재 혹은 은하 내부의 약한 밝기로 인해 IRAF 결과와 다른 낮은 일치를 보였다. 보완 과정을 거친 최종 결과물은 공유 및 교육 자료의 활용도를 높이기 위해 전체 사용된 데이터와 알고리즘, 파이썬 코드 파일 및 사용 설명서를 GitHub에 탑재하였다.
In this study, we aimed to develop a Python-based outer-ring galaxy analysis algorithm according to the data science process. We assumed that the potential users are citizen scientists, including students and teachers. In the actual classification studies using real data of galaxies, a specialized software called IRAF is used, thereby limiting the general public's access to the software. Therefore, an image analysis algorithm was developed for the outer-ring galaxies as targets, which were compared with those of the previous research. The results of this study were compared with those of studies conducted using IRAF to verify the performance of the newly developed image analysis algorithm. Among the 69 outer-ring galaxies in the first test, 50 cases (72.5%) showed high agreement with the previous research. The remaining 19 cases (27.5%) showed differences that were caused by the presence of bright stars overlapped in the line of sight or weak brightness in the inner galaxy. To increase the usability of the finished product that has undergone a supplementary process, all used data, algorithms, Python code files, and user manuals were loaded in GitHub and made available as shared educational materials.